LUNCH AND DINNER GROUPS
On Saturday, after the empanada contest and the opening speech, the Empanada Oak Grove is filled with 15,000 people for a large meal and dinner of gangs. The gangs are made up of families or friends who decide to come together and bring empanadas, drinks, and other Galician gastronomy products to enjoy a day of fun and party.
The gangs´meal begins at 15:00 h and is enlivened by musical groups who are responsible for setting the party mood before the orchestras, which typically start in the late afternoon. At night, at 22:00h, the gangs gather again in the oak grove for the grand Groups' Dinner, which serves as a prelude to the party night. The truth is that the music never stops on this day.
If you want to have lunch and/or dinner at the Empanada Festival, you must reserve your table in advance. The Friends of Empanada Association opens a reservation period from August 1st to August 15th. During this period the groups that decide to gather must pay for the tables they need. It is important to remember that the Empanada Festival only provides the tables, and are the groups that bring the food, drinks, tablecloth, cutlery, and other necessities.
Each table has a capacity for 10 people. The prices are as follows, regardless of whether it is needed for lunch, dinner, or both::
If you ARE a member:
- The first two tables cost 20€ each.
- From the third table onwards, they cost 25€ each.
If you are NOT a member:
- Each table has a price of 35€.
MAP OF THE GROUPS 2023
Not available yet.
The Empanada Festival has a point of sale for empanadas for those people or groups who may need it.
Official Octopus Bar
The Empanada Festival has an official octopus bar for those individuals who do not want to rent tables but still want to have lunch or dinner at the Empanada Festival. Currently, the official octopus bar of the Empanada Festival is Pulpería Porta de A Estrada (659 908 745).
- Find your space with the help of the map. If you can't find your table, ask someone from the association, but under no circumstances should you sit at tables assigned to other groups
- Enjoy the festival, but always respect others. Keep in mind that you are not alone in the oak grove.
- Keep the oak grove clean. Do not litter, use the bags provided on each table or use the containers distributed throughout the area.
- Keep an eye on children at all times. The large number of attendees can pose a danger to younger children.
- No means no. The Empanada Festival is free from sexist violence.
- In case of any health or safety issues, go to the designated command post at the Empanada Festival.
- It's the Empanada Festival, so eat lots of Galician empanadas. If you don't like them, you can try an empanadilla.
- RETURN next year!